Pure, ethically harvested coconut oil has become extremely popular among our customers. It is widely used in cooking, hair and skin care, but there are also people who do not know all the magical uses of coconut oil. Here are 7 things to do with coconut oil:
- Make a homemade shaving foam that consists of coconut oil, olive oil and shea butter. Eucalyptus essential oil also works well in the mixture.
- During a cold and dry winter, when nosebleeds can surprise us, rub the inside of your nose with coconut oil. It moisturizes and prevents bleeding from dryness.
- If mosquitoes bother you in summer, mix coconut oil with some essential oil that repels insects (peppermint, lavender or some citrus). It moisturizes your skin and repels mosquitoes at the same time! Since it is 100% natural and harmless, it is also suitable for children.
- If you have a dry scalp or dandruff, occasionally apply coconut oil to your scalp for deep hydration and voilà! Also remember that hot water makes the scalp dry, which is nice to enjoy in the shower, but unfortunately it doesn’t do our skin any good.
- Did you know that coconut oil is very healthy for dogs? Mix up healthy dog treats at home using coconut oil, peanut butter and cinnamon. Fill the silicone molds with the mixture and freeze.
- Remove stains. Mix coconut oil with baking soda (1:1), apply to the stain and wipe off the mixture after five minutes.
- Coconut oil also works as a natural deodorant because it has strong antibacterial properties. Mix together 5 tablespoons of coconut oil, 4 tablespoons of cornstarch or potato starch, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 10 drops of lemongrass or lavender essential oil.